Since my little summer vacation I’m finding it more and more difficult to get back into Atlantic City news. However, that doesn’t mean things aren’t happening. Here’s a quick briefing of some of the news I found this week. Feel free to get the full story from the links.
- Shocker, nobody wants t0 buy the Pier Shops. Details at NJ.com.
- Resorts opening Margaritavillecasino. I can dig that. Details at American Casino Guide AC Blog.
- Mohegan Sun running Resorts in Atlantic City. I think the MS gamblers can get Atlantic City players card perks now. Details at Casino Gambling Web.
- Revel is under pressure. Already. Sure, they’re not making money, but it’s been open for two months. Settle down. Details at Philly.com.
- Atlantic City finally delivers a beach front to Revel.It’s kind of crappy on New Jersey’s part for this not to have been finished. It just shows how much the government really cares. Details at Casino Connection.
- Atlantic City is thinking beyond the casino. Good luck with this. Details at New York Times.
- New Jersey wants sports gambling and they’re being sued by professional sports leagues not to have it. Details of the hypocrisy at ESPN.com.